“I drank the OCR Kool-Aid in 2012, and discovered an amazing lifestyle that was challenging, fun, a bit decadent, and fun! (Yup - that was redundant…!) I raced, I competed, I coached, I volunteered with many OCR venues, and actually worked with Battlefrog (RIP). Upon the unfortunate demise of a great OCR, I bought one of their full venue sized Platinum Rigs - the same one the OCR World Championships uses! It fit in my backyard yet, being outside, it was underutilized. AND, it bothered “that” one neighbor (they just didn’t understand…)
I needed a place to put it. It wasn’t depressing, it was actually an opportunity POUNDING on my door to build my dream. A dream where so many could benefit! A gathering of like-minded individuals who have came together to create Otherworld OCR: THE best Indoor OCR Training Facility in the Mid Atlantic! Come on in! Chug the Kool-Aid! You won’t regret it!”
- Tim J Guinan, founder
Meet the Team
Our team is people like you, humain beings always thriving to get the best out of life! We are passionnate and our mission is to make a differecnce in your life. We LOve seeing your conquer obstacles whete r on the course on in life. We are devoted to help you be the best YOU!
Founder, Visionary & Coach
Tim is a Certified Personal Trainer through National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA), a Spartan SGX L-1 Certified Trainer, and a former competitive bodybuilder. He has earned a Second Degree Black Belt in Okinawan Kempo Martial Arts. He was a successful competitive bodybuilder for three years. He has been in the Personal Training business since 2009.
In 2012, Tim was introduced to the world of Obstacle Course Racing (OCR). He applied his unique experience and skill set of coaching and training to this exciting venture. He trains, races and gets muddy with the best, always strives to raise the bar and share the thrill with others. Tim has successfully competed in the last four (4) OCR World Championships, and recently qualified for his fifth consecutive appearance.
Tim enjoys doing anything that tests himself both physically and mentally! “Obstacle course training, along with participating in Battlefrog (RIP), Savage Race, Indian Mud Run, Bonefrog, Frontline, Spartan Race, GoRuck and many other OCR competitions are awesome and life changing events. The pure joy of what is gained from obstacle course training led me to create Otherworld OCR!” Tim is the Visionary and one of the Coaches of this exciting adventure. He loves giving back and enhancing lives through the physical and mental training, and building confidence and bodies no matter what the challenge is!
Obstacle Course Coach
Body Shape Transformation/weight reduction
Successful Competitor in NPC and OBC Body Building Competions
Team Sports training
Health expo for US Department of Health and Human Services-Indian Health Service
Health expo for Consumer Product Safety Commission
Certified Personal Trainer with NSPA (National Strength Professional Association)
CPR/AED certified with American Heart Association
Second Degree Black Belt Okinawan Kempo Karate
Instructor for W.I.T.S. "College Accredited Trainer Course" at Montgomery College
Chief Integrator & Coach
Helene's mission is to inspire people to transform their lives and nourish a community that shares and carries out the values of authenticity, achievement, adventure, health, and courage. “I like to see the gym, our members and the staff members, including myself, to constantly evolve into expressing their full potential as coaches, athletes, and human beings.”
She is a CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, certified Spartan SGX Coach and CAP running coach. She possesses 10 years of experience as a personal trainer and competitive endurance athlete. She walks the talk. The gym is like her second home.
· CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
· Certified Spartan SGX Coach
· Course à pied.ca Running Coach
· International Endurance Athlete
· Certified Massage Therapist
· Motivational Speaker
- 1st woman to ever finish the Infinitus 888k 2018 trail race, VT USA;
- 2nd woman (1st North American) on the Montane Spine Race (267 miles self-supported, Great Britain) in 2017;
- 1st woman to ever finish the Survival Run Nicaragua and Devil’s Double challenge in 2016;
- 1st woman in the world to cross the entire Ko’olau Summit Ridge, Hawaii, self-supported in 2015;
- 18 podiums in Obstacle Course Races in 2014 over 26 races (USA, Canada, France);
- 2nd woman on the Spartan Race Ultra Beast Killington VT, USA in 2014;
- 1st woman to complete both Spartan Race Ultra Beast and Spartan World Championship 2014, 2 days in a row, VT USA;
- 1st athlete to ever complete a Spartan Race Trifecta (Sprint, Super, Beast) in 1 weekend and to get on the 3 podiums, France 2014;
- 2nd woman in Canadian Spartan Race Ranking 2014;
- Nominated Best Female OCR Athlete 2014 by Mud Run Guide.
Want to know more?
Reach out to us and find what's available for you!